Jobs of The Future
The Jobs of the Future program supports recent Guilford County School high school graduates enrolling in diploma or degree programs at GTCC that directly support the growth of Guilford County’s economy’s five critical industry clusters – aviation, logistics and transportation, advance manufacturing, business services, life sciences and the construction and trade industries.
To be considered, a student must:
- Be a graduating high school senior who resides in Guilford County;
- Have a minimum 2.0 unweighted GPA;
- Apply to GTCC with acceptable credentials for admission into an eligible program of study leading to a degree that supports one of five critical industry clusters – aviation, logistics and transportation, advanced manufacturing, business services, and life sciences or the construction and trades industry;
- Enroll as a full-time student (12 or more credit hours) while receiving the scholarship; and
- Maintain a 2.0 semester GPA while receiving the scholarship; and
- Meet the minimum eligibility requirements to be eligible for federal student aid (be a U.S. Citizen or Eligible Non-Citizen, etc). While not required, we strongly encourage students to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by May 1.
Local schools, businesses, and organizations work together ensuring that Jobs of the Future students gain the knowledge, technical expertise, and work experience to achieve their career goals.
These partners include the following:
- Guilford Technical Community College
- Guilford County Schools
- Area Businesses and Industry
- Greensboro Area / High Point Chambers of Commerce
- North Carolina Department of Labor